- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
a. STATE ID OR DRIVER’S LICENSE (adults 18 and over)
b. SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (each household member)
c. BIRTH CERTIFICATE (each household member)
- REQUIRED FORMS FOR COMPLETE APPLICATION.
Please download, print, and mail in the form below.
If you prefer the application mailed to you, please use our contact form to request materials.
- To qualify for the employment and local preference status on the Public Housing waitlist, please provide the office with the necessary documents:
Local – proof of current address like WA Driver’s License/State ID card, paystub showing you work in Skagit, San Juan or Island County, voter’s registration card, or a current signed lease, utility bill in your name, or vehicle registration.
Employment – proof of income like SSA, SSDI, or SSI award letter or paystubs from the past 6 months with more than 20 hours per week worked. *Applicants over 62 years of age automatically qualify for the employment preference.
- Make sure you have listed your current mailing and email address and correct daytime phone numbers. You are responsible for maintaining current and accurate application information. You are required to notify the Anacortes Housing Authority of any changes in contact information (phone number or address), income, or family composition within 10 days of occurrence. Failure to report such changes may result in the cancellation of your application. IF WE CANNOT CONTACT YOU AT THE MAILING ADDRESS LISTED ON THE APPLICATION OR YOUR MAIL IS RETURNED AND YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR ADDRESS WITH US, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE WAITING LIST AND WILL HAVE TO REAPPLY.
- Completed applications are placed on the appropriate waiting list(s).
- When a unit is available and you are at the top of the appropriate waiting list, an interview with staff will be scheduled and a credit, criminal and 2-year residence history check will be processed. If you meet AHA criteria and qualify, you will be contacted for housing. If you do not meet AHA criteria or qualify for the program, you will be contacted in writing with an explanation.
PROGRAMS WE OFFER (see individual properties for details):
The Harbor House offers 49 one-bedroom units, preference given to the elderly/disabled.
Family housing is located at various sites in Anacortes and offers 62 units (two, three, and four bedroom), including 5 ADA units (two and three bedroom). If you live or work in Skagit, Island or San Juan counties, you may qualify for preference points which are given to applicants living in the local area.
46 total units (one, two, and three bedroom). HUD subsidizes 24 of the units where rent is based on income and there are no income qualification requirements. The remaining are 22 Tax Credit units which are below Skagit County fair market rent, but you must income qualify.
25 studio and one-bedroom Tax Credit units at affordable rent (below Skagit county fair market rent), including 2 ADA units. Must income qualify.
Pear Tree Townhomes
The Pear Tree Townhomes are two-bedroom, 1 bath units. Offered at below market rent. Must income qualify.
Birch Tree Village
The Birch Tree Village are two-bedroom, 1 ½ bath units, with garage. Offered at below market rent.